Saturday, March 27, 2010

My other passion

The Cricut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay if you have a cricut you know exactly what I mean, or at least I hope you understand... I love my bug(s) yeah I have 2, I use them all the time, I am learning more and more about the cricut every time I turn my bug on! I don't know how I scrapped without it all those years! I am currently saving my money for the Gypsy oh yeah then I think my little family will be complete I want to start a new blog program called Lets get Buggy Cricut Fridays, I will post a new cartridge, a new project, a tutorial, organization, my cricut station, and some inspiration, maybe some contests so you will want to be sure to stop by here on Fridays.... Yes I know today is Saturday but this is just a preview, next Friday will officially be the start of my Lets get Buggy Cricut Friday's Today I wanted to showcase two embellies I made last night using the new Paisley cartridge (Oh I love this cart)


Owl # 1 page#-42 cut at 5 1/2 inches
Owl-I used heavy cardstock (CTMH textured) for the base so I used the multi-cut function on the E with my pressure at medium, speed at medium and blade housing at 5
I cut all of my layers and used my zig glue pen for the bigger pieces and my X for the smaller pieces like his feet and stripes!
I used American Crafts pattern paper for his wings



Zebra page #-71 cut at 8 inches
Zebra- I used heavy cardstock for the base (CTMH textured) I used the multi-cut function on the E with the pressure at medium and speed at medium blade housing at 5
The car was cut with light cardstock from HL so I removed the multi-cut function and just cut it out once with all the rest of the settings the same- the flower is CTMH textured cardstock the same color one side is darker than the other so I used the lighter side as the center of the flower
Look closely at the zebras face you may see a little sparkle a nose ring( I am not a big fan of nose piercings personally, but I thought this zebra looked like she needed one, it totally works for her) I used bitty sparkles from CTMH



Perfect for a sweet 16 card or layout or a new car layout

Check out her bling... I can only imagine her rocking out in her new car to some fun music!

Both images were cut using my Expresssion

This cart is great for card making and layouts I think the images are very chic and girly but I can see some of the images being used for boy projects just change the colors!
I hope you enjoy today's little projects be sure to come back next Friday to see the first installment of Lets Get Buggy Cricut Friday's

Happy Crafting
Danielle C.
Cupcake Stamper

No comments: