Friday, April 2, 2010

Lets Get Buggy Cricut Friday #1

Okay I am super excited about this new program how fun Cricut Fridays is going to be like a big crafting PaRtY!!!!!

For the first installment of Cricut Fridays I decided to try my hand at the new popular sweet treat greeting cards!!!!


I loved this card however the sweet treat cup AKA the candy mold is not big enough, I am still in search of the perfect mold, I have a single jelly bean inside but I thought mini m&ms or mini jelly beans inside would be better!

Close up: see the blue border hanging out, that is the trick to pull this out and then it opens the secret compartment to release your sweet treats without messing up your beautiful card!!

I used Paisley Cartridge(Love it)
I could not find Wilton candy molds but used a chocolate covered cherry mold from AC Moore's
this is super easy to make I am going to link a video to a very creative blog where I learned how to make these
Little Miss Crafter Blog

Her video

Super helpful you can also find these cards on the Cricut message boards


I used paisley cartridge to cut the frog out at 3.5 inches with light cardstock I layered it with black CTMH textured cardstock to make the eyes and mouth
pressure medium and speed medium

I ran out of time but I am going to ink around the edges of the frog and card and maybe add an embellishment~ The possibilities are endless
Create your very own sweet treat card leave me a comment linking to your creation so we can see all of the fabulous sweet treat cards!!!!

Happy Friday
Danielle C.
Cupcake Stamper

See you next week for Cricut Friday #2

No comments: