Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I never understood why they call the day after Thanksgiving Black Friday....
...When I began working Retail 6 years ago I realize Black Friday is the nicest way to put the nightmare that is Black Friday!

I never had any really major problems when I worked at the Dept. store at the mall my first year I found it to be so comical 2 grown women arguing and fighting over a 10.00 sweater "It is mine I had it first"..."no I am so sorry you are sadly mistaken that sweater is MINE" Yelling and holding up the line Had to call security and all and in the end they both got a sweater.

I really don't need anything bad enough to wait in a 3 hour line( happened last year) or fight someone over it, I would give the product to the other person it is just not worth it to me.

Do not get me wrong I LOVE shopping black Friday I don't know if it is the thrill of getting up early and waiting to get in the mall I really don't go shopping with an item in my mind that if I do not get it the world is going to end I am pretty flexible.

This year I will be shopping from 4AM-7AM and then heading to Hobby Lobby to work until 4 PM then I think it would be safe to say I will be calling it a day!

I actually typed this up on Thanksgiving day so I will be back later with all the details of my shopping trip and working trip

No comments: